Monday 8 August 2011

Quick passage of Kobenhavn


No time to stop in Kobenhavn for sightseeing nor shopping as the Sailing Race goes on!


A good day of sailing in the Baltic yesterday; it could have been better though.


In the morning I thought I was a little to much to the west to be able to enjoy the beam winds lateron. So I made a tack to somewhat more Easterly locations. Later I saw that I could have made the tack SW earlier as the wind was also shifting. So a little lost to others and on the chase. 


In the night I put up the autopilot on WayPoints (WP) and correctly passed 3 race gates. Also the passage of Kobenhavn occurred in the night, so the picture is from the archive to show what I have missed rather.


After clearing the SW point of Sweden, the sail is changed to Spinnaker and full of wind is pushing me through the OreSund and into the Kattegat. With some trimming and slight optimization of heading, my target for today is to validate the Oslo gate and head to the North Sea.


Rank: 77 in a fleet of 760 boats.


Guess what some Flagships are also participating in this race, contrary to what I first thought. See the standings via the TAB above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment