Friday 10 June 2011

Finished the Five Capital Sailing Race in Stockholm


HURRAY           

SURATNA HAS FINISHED 
THE FIVE CAPITAL SAILING RACE 
IN STOCKHOLM

Yesterday evening I could pass the Finish line in Stockholm. The Finish line was a little tricky as on the west it was in between a lot  of tiny islands, but in the East it was in Open Sea. The shortest distance however was sailing as close as possible to the Western buoy, in between the many islands !

Luckily my WayPoint scheduler helped me in steering nice free of the island in the shortest possible time to the Finish. 

I finished as 81st, not the best of my races but hee you can't have it all.
My total sailing time was 8days, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 39 seconds ; which is 7 hours, 49 minutes and 7 seconds after the winner. 

I was also teaming to steer the club Flagship LSYC and we reached a 2nd place in the Flagship competition; the Flagship finished overall in the 47th place.
All results in detail you can find back in the TAB's on top of this page, as well as a look at the Race track and the route I have followed. 

The was a very enjoyable race, in general nice winds, a little too much head winds  and sometimes some surprises with sudden wind-shifts. It is all in the game!. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, 

upto the next race ...........where?..........when?

No comments:

Post a Comment